It's going to be a baby

My pregnancy was mostly uneventful. At my 20 week ultrasound, I learned about Christian's cleft, and this meant i had to come in regularly for ultrasounds to track his progress. This i didn't mind too much. I've heard about bad things that can happen with ultrasounds, but we got to see a 4D scan because they wanted a better look. :D I really loved being able to go in every few weeks to see my baby.

Here's some ultrasound photos. They took quite a few because it was hard to get him to move his hands from his face. The technician told me she sees that a lot with cleft lip babies, for some reason.


Photobucket

In this one, if you squint a bit, you can see the dark spaces where the white jawbone is supposed to continue. Two spaces means there's a bilateral cleft there. This was taken at 20 weeks gestation.
Here's another at 26 weeks. He was swallowing amniotic fluid, and kissing up towards the placenta. My first baby kisses!


Photobucket

These are the good ones. The 3d photos taken at 33 weeks. I didn't really know what i was looking at here, but in the first two, you can see that he has a protruding pre-maxilla, i.e. the part of your jaw where your two front teeth are. I thought it was his nose...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

So there you go, in case you were wondering what you could see on an ultrasound looking for cleft lip and palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment